Most interesting video with these questions and/or comments to contemplate presented by Psychiatrist, Dr. Peter Breggin:
1) Has psychiatry lost its way?
2) What really helps people the most is a good, solid and caring relationship with somebody.
3) You can be responsible for your life and take charge of it.
4) Are suicide and violence a major theme as a result of taking certain psychiatric drugs?
5) Are drug companies in bed with doctors?”
I don’t suffer from depression but have a few friends in my life that presently do, plus alcoholism along with it in one particular instance. I was married to a man who had mental challenges and we parted ways due to our marital foundation being shook by mental illness and its form of treatment. Ever since that time, it is believed that I met with guilt of not being able to help my husband; therefore, as a result have met many people along the way who I have befriended and/or tried to help.
I am a believer that God takes our biggest challenges and uses them for his good. Yes, I have unpacked my baggage from this trial and learned that life doesn’t get any easier; we just get stronger.